If you follow this cheat sheet, you’ll have a long and fulfilling relationship with your new bed linen.
Keep it clean
- We all love a new relationship, but sometimes partners can come with a little baggage. Make sure you wash your new sheets before you cuddle up with them, as it's best to start with a clean slate.
- Don’t get too hot and heavy. Wash our sheets (including Bamboo and Vintage Softwash) on the normal cycle with warm water and a natural liquid detergent. You can add ½ cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle for extra brightness and softness.
- Our Sogno Linen-Cotton likes to keep things fresh, so be sure to wash this beauty in cold water.
- If there are any stains on your sheets – obviously from all the Netflix and wine – then dab the fabric with cold water mixed with a sprinkle of baking soda.
- Stay away from bleach and fabric softeners, they’re too harsh on the sheet’s fibres; and hurting these gentle souls will shorten their lives.
- If you’re wondering how many times a week you should do it, one wash is definitely enough 😉
- Do you find the company of pets more satisfying than a human partner? Considering they tend to be more loyal we totally understand. But you’ll need to wash your linen 2–3 times a week if you snuggle up with pets in bed.
- Your sheets are completely devoted to you and don’t want to get mixed up with others – so be sure to wash them separately from clothes and towels.
- No-one likes being overloaded, and that goes for your washer as well – so wash each pair of sheets by themselves.
Hung out to dry
- Air drying your sheets is the best thing under the sun 🌞 Tumble drying damages the fabric and should be avoided. It’s best to let them dry naturally in the shade.
- Don’t iron your bedding. Not only are you wasting your time (life is too short), if you’re doing bed right then the aim of the game is to wrinkle the sheets a little.
With brighter sheets, you’ll have more fun in the bedroom. Play around with texture by adding different sized pillows, and mix and match with different coloured sheets, pillow cases, doonas – or even your favourite pooch. Be sure to share your washing tips with us @Canningvalelove