Laundry day doesn't have to be a drag! We've rounded up our favourite tips, tricks, and hacks to make your laundry experience a breeze. From pillows to towels, sheets, linens and your machine itself, we've got everything you need to transform your laundry routine from a chore to a delight.
Say goodbye to the laundry blues and hello to fresh, clean towels and linens without the hassle!
Pillow Talk: How to Wash Your Pillows
Don’t let your pillows be the neglected afterthought of your laundry routine. Keep them fresh and clean with these quick and easy steps:
1. Check the label – many pillows, including our Luxury Microfibre Medium, Anatra and Oca Goose pillows are machine washable. Make sure not to overload your machine though, two at a time is perfect to balance the drum
2. Use liquid detergent and eucalyptus oil to banish pesky dust mites
3. Say goodbye to yellow stains by adding hydrogen peroxide to the drum (optional, but oh so satisfying!)
4. Wash on warm and let them bask in the sun to dry
5. Don’t forget to give them a wash every three months to keep them fluffy and fresh
Fresh & Flawless: Master the Art of Deep Cleaning Your Bed
Ready for a deep sleep? Then it’s time to give your bed a deep clean! Not only will it help you sleep better, but it will also banish any nasties that might be lurking in your sheets and mattress.
1. Make sure to invest in a mattress protector! They’re a whole lot easier to chuck in the wash (or, worst case scenario, replace) than a mattress!
2. Strip the bed and sprinkle bicarb soda and your favourite essential oils on your mattress, leave for an hour, then vacuum clean
3. For crease-free sheets, add a couple of ice cubes to your dryer. Or, if you like to dry your sheets outside, make sure they’re spread out on the clothesline to reduce creasing
Bye Bye Funky Smells: How to Get Rid of Musty Odours from Your Towels
Listen up towel lovers! If you’re tired of musty smells lingering on your precious linens, then baking soda is the hero you need. Mixing half a cup of baking soda with a quarter measure of your regular detergent will not only give your towels a deep clean, but will also eliminate any chance of mildew and musty smells from dampness.
Fluff it up: Make Your Blankets and Towels Fluffy Again
Tired of pulling out a supposedly fluffy blanket from the dryer only to find it as flat as a pancake? Fear not! Chuck a tennis ball in with your load and let it do the heavy lifting. Just make sure you don’t use one of your pup’s slobbery balls (gross!) and stick to freshies for optimal fluffing power.
Don’t Let Your Washing Machine Play Dirty: How to Clean Your Washing Machine
We all know washing machines are our trusty sidekicks when it comes to keeping our clothes and linens fresh and clean. But what happens when your beloved machine starts to play dirty? That’s right – a dirty washing machine can lead to all sorts of problems, from funky odours to ruined clothes. So if you want to keep your laundry game strong, it’s time to give your washing machine the TLC it deserves.
First, soak some cotton balls in white vinegar and place them in the seal to give any mould the boot. Then, show that detergent drawer who’s boss by giving it a good soak to remove any build-up. Don’t forget to empty and wash your drain pump filter (trust us, it’s worth it). And last but not least, run your machine on hot with a cup of white vinegar and allow to air dry.
And voila! Your washing machine is now as fresh as your (hopefully) freshly laundered linens.
And there you have it laundry lovers! These five laundry hacks are guaranteed to make your life easier and your linens cleaner. Say goodbye to those stubborn stains and funky smells and hello to laundry perfection.